CURRENT UK (GB) REGULATIONS
The GB Classification and Labelling Inventory is brought into effect by GB-CLP.
The GB C&L notification process is currently in place, but there is no published list yet.
GB Classification & Labelling Inventory information:
Extract from HSE website:
The substances which must be notified have not changed. Substances requiring notification are:
- substances subject to REACH registration and placed on the market
- hazardous substances placed on the market on their own
- hazardous substances placed on the market in a mixture, resulting in that mixture being classified as hazardous
Where substances subject to REACH registration have been registered under EU REACH prior to 31 December 2020 or under UK REACH after 31 December 2020, GB CLP notification is deemed to have been fulfilled.
Note that you should have downloaded information from ECHA on any REACH registrations and/or C&L notifications made by your UK/GB legal entity prior to Brexit. This is so you can demonstrate that you have already notified to the GB C&L.
If in doubt, it may be prudent to re-notify, which is done using the “Comply with UK REACH” facility via the Government Gateway website (see GB REACH pages for information on how to access this).
CHANGES DUE TO BE IMPLEMENTED
- none that we are aware of
CHANGES IN PIPELINE
- none that we are aware of at present, although in theory the full GB C&L list should be published eventually